Thursday, July 21, 2011

July 20, 2011: Day of Biking

I clocked a good 30ish miles today by bike. I wasn't sure if I could do it, but my doubts were silly, I did it and feel great. I started by accompanying a friend to work at 6am; 12miles there, 12 back. I noticed this sign on the way there, neither of us could figure out why this town gets called a lot.

Then that evening I finally got to participate in my first Cruiser Ride. If you're in the area, you have to check it out for yourself if you haven't.

Each week there is a theme, this weeks was Beach Party.

Thousands of people start out at one of three bars across Denver, in custom, with their bikes. Then we take over the streets! Giant packs of bicycles all head toward one central location called...

The Circle of Death. So many people, so many bikes, so much happening.


Circle of Death continues. A side note: no one dies.

All in all a great night. See you next week Cruiser Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment